Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Fever

   We are having some awesome weather, just shy of 80 degrees. I love it, can't wait to start planting a garden and doing some more landscaping.
   While I was out surveying and coming up with ideas, I noticed some of my lawn ornaments/decorations, affectionately known as "Yard Garbage". Now here is another whole class of collectibles.
   I have seen some really beautiful yards, in person and in numerous magazines, and then there are those that beg the question, "Why on earth would anyone put that in their yard?" Ha. Well, were not going to go there(I hope).
   My yard at present is minimalistic, sometimes I feel lucky enough to have the time to mow the grass. But, I have a few items I have found that I keep outside for decoration along with some perennial plantings. Of course it's too early for them to be sprouting yet, but if the weather stays like this they all will be up soon.
 Hope you enjoy the snapshots!
Some landscaping I did several years ago with some Day lillies. 
Notice the old push plow? 
Some of those bricks are the old purington paver's as well!
An auction find, I love the old tools
Can you imagine pushing that through your garden?
A pair of old milk cans I saved from the salvage yard
Old steel wheels
I see a lot of these in landscapes
I think they came off an old manure spreader
These are wrought iron
They did have 3 small can like things mounted
on each of them that I believe were for torch light

Here is my only yard statue
Its a fairy about 3 ft tall 
 
   I bought this for my Wife on Mothers Day the year she passed away, I had created what I called a fairy garden for her with a little pond and lots of plantings. Someplace for her to sit and relax since she had been very sick and traveling was out of the question. I have some pictures of the garden somewhere. When I find them I will post them.
   So there it is, my little bit of "yard garbage" hope you enjoyed the images and the beautiful day we had.
Old Soul
 

No comments: